Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Dreams - January 30, 2015


Riva del Garda (TN) at Dawn
Dreams

walking in that city
well known plazas and streets
never visited

an old house
each room a treasure trove
with old lace

poetry and prose
written in a library
before awakening

§§§§§§§§§

A Dream (Choka)

near the train station
lines and lines of buses wait
starlings weave patterns
in the autumn skies of Rome
I jump on a bus
soon it rolls into a square
Savona long ago
getting off I see an alley
and smell warm pizza
here's a fair in Padua
under summer skies
I walk along bright streets
tall buildings - a park
bright green lawns and a fountain
greet me to my surprise
 I'm now in Athens, Georgia

refreshed and happy
seeing the clock on my wall
I get up and dress
drinking coffee at dawn
I reflect upon my life

© G.s.k. ‘15

This morning I'm writing about dreams ... inspired by Carpe Diem Haiku Kai's prompt - First Dream - I'd already wrote the post for Bastet and Sekhmet's Library, but that was before the prompt post was ready, from the list of monthly prompt suggestions.  In his prompt though, Chèvrefeuille talks not only about the first dream ... but also dreams in general and lucid dreams in particular!  

I'm a dreamer ... and I feel that I'm very lucky to have this gift.  I can remember not only my dreams after I wake up ... but they become part of my memory, just like any other experience I have.  I remember dreams from as far back as my early infancy ... a trip in the sky on flying horses and one particularly lucid dream, going into the bathroom to get a drink of water ... when I did go into the bathroom, I discovered there was no glass to have drunk that water, so realized it had been a dream.


Here are some delightful haiku that were part of the dream prompt:

Fuji no yuki Rosei ga yume o tsukasetari

snow on Mount Fuji -
Rosei creates the world
in his dream

© Basho (age 34)


nanno sono jô hatsu yume mo naku karasu

you've wrecked
my year's first dream!
cawing crow

© Issa

And two dreams haiku from Chèvrefeuille, the first was inspired by a lucid dream:

Ah! that fragrance
delicate cherry blossoms
in the spring rain

© Chèvrefeuille

fly like an eagle
as free as a bird in the sky
living my dream

© Chèvrefeuille







4 comments:

  1. So fortunate to be able to keep your dreams forever ... most of mine eventually fade away .... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the dream like playfulness with which you arranged your lines -
    'in the autumn skies of Rome
    I jump on a bus'

    And at the end is the author in Athens, Georgia or in Athens (Georgia)? Well-crafted and fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it -- That was Athens, Georgia ... love that little town!

      Delete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."