Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Writing with Gibran - Walls - August 21, 2014

This is the quote from Khalil Gibran found on Carpe Diem Haiku Kai that inspires today's post:

[...] "After all this is not a bad prison; but I do not like this wall between my cell and the next prisoner’s cell; Yet I assure you that I do not wish to reproach the warder not the Builder of the prison".[...]

[...] "Sadness is but a wall between two gardens". [...]
From "Sea and Foam"

This is Chèvrefeuille's inspired haiku:

tearing down the walls
giving room to wild flowers
to color the earth

© Chèvrefeuille
surrounding walls
one bright tiny window
reality beyond

carefully built walls
inside the prisoner waits
light beckons

beacon of light
window in a dark room
looking beyond walls

experience
 massive impregnable walls
swallows fly freely

©  G.s.k. '14

12 comments:

  1. they all project a sense of yearning

    the 2nd one grabs me

    cheers
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In these haiku I think I was more inspired by Gibran's second quote and wound up speaking about sadness of inner walls ... That particular haiku is a combination of the prisoner of the first quote and the sadness of the second. Thanks JzB

      Delete
  2. These are great Georgia -- I really like the second though -- the idea of being a prisoner behind *carefully built* walls -- yet waiting for the light -- from your photo I'm assuming this is a historic site yet it holds true in day to day life too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The site is very historical --- it's from one of rupestrian churches in the "Sassi" of Matera - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassi_di_Matera - It reminded me of how we build walls inside us and become enclosed inside our inner world ... but the light keeps shining on.

      Delete
  3. if we have just a sliver of light in those walls. there is also hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely writing, Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your haiku at my place.
    I thought perhaps you were posting the same pieces on the two sites and now I see that is not so.
    Though that might work... As when the host replies at Blogspot the recipient does not get it - your reply unless you make an effort to send them a copy through e-mail. I checked this with Kristjaan - I had been replying to him on my Blogger posts. But unless one ticks off the box (if there is one/or subscribes to the post comments) to be notified - Blogspot doesn't notify like WP does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole darn thing is so complicated ... the two posts of course don't communicate unless it's through Carpe Diem. And you don't get "further replies" unless the person has subscribed specifically on each post ... bah. Anyay I'll do what I can ... btw you're very welcome about the haiku ... loved your post!

      Delete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."