Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Friday, August 22, 2014

Butterfly Dream - Haiku - August 22, 2014

 
In this post inspired by Carpe Diem Haiku Kai we read this classical quote:
 
 [...] "Long ago I, Chuangtse, dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting about lightly on if I were really one, happily following my fancies. Suddenly awakening, again I was in the form of Chuangtse. Was it a case of Chuangtse dreaming he was a butterfly, or is it now that a butterfly is dreaming that it is Chuangtse? I do not know". [...]
 Soshi (Chuangtse)
This is a very famous and often read poem ... and it has inspired many a haiku poet to write:

 my heart
that was rapt away
by the wild cherry-blossoms, -
will it return to my body
when they scatter?
©  Kotomichi (1798-1868)

 cho kiete tamashii ware ni kaeri keri

the butterfly having disappeared,
my spirit
came back to me

© Wafu

wandering through the meadow
following the path of butterflies -
I find my spirit

© Chèvrefeuille


°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Redon, Odilon -  French, 1840 - 1916 
Evocation of Roussel
c. 1912
   


walking in a dream
the man dreams of creation
among the flowers

in summer gardens
raptured by the blossoms
butterflies and men

the old man wanders
in his daydreams at dawn
among butterflies

©  G.s.k. '14

4 comments:

  1. ... time moves on. Better for knowing the beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the memories remain very bright having know their beauty.

      Delete
  2. And it's Redon! Hooray! :D
    I really loved the contrasts in the final haiku - the old man vs. the new day, the butterfly linking the two -- just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I've written a lot in the past about the butterfly and the man ... kind of hard to come up with some new ones ... glad you liked the last ku! ;-)

      Delete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."