Arco (TN)

Arco (TN)

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ghost Writer - Bjorn Rudberg - Haiku and Humor - September 16, 2014

This time it's a  Ghost Writer post by Björn Rudberg of Björn Rudbergs Writings and he invites us to bring humor into our haiku. Humour in haiku isn't my "cup of tea", but sometimes I try it of course. I will look for a few examples and post them in response on this GW-post. Have fun!




I agree with Bjorn that there is too little humor, dry or otherwise in our western world of waka/haiku writing.
In fact ... I like the kyoka precisely because a bit of humor in life is so necessary to defuse depression and keep us from getting too serious about life ... As Amelia Peabody would also say:

Humor is an excellent method of keeping a tight rein on unproductive displays of emotion ...
 The Hippopotamus Pool - Elizabeth Peters.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

walking in the park
nuts fell on the mayor's head
the squirrel chattered

serious hunting cat
moving  like a wild lion
missed the buzzing fly

it’s early morning…
groping in search of breakfast:
refrigerator!

 improved posting
WordPress' new editor
beep beep beep blooper

windows wide open
to catch the evening breeze
bat flies in the room






20 comments:

  1. I wonder if the bat made the old lade batty.. wonderful examples Georgia.. the mayor shows that disrespect against authority I think... makes the haiku political almost..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've know some mayors here in Italy ... and a few nuts on the head could have only done them good ... our present mayor is very good though. I think the bad did drive her batty ... screamed holding her hands over her head! :-D

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure about that breakfast grope... ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ... just read the "urban dictionary" uhm ... I go by the Oxford though : http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/grope ;-) though I must admit it's perhaps funnier with the U.D. meaning ...

      Delete
  3. I hate when bats fly in my rooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do go crazy ... I prefer them on the outside myself too.

      Delete
  4. Ah cara, you are too much!! The first two got me laughing out loud in the office (thank goodness I was on my break!) you have a bat that visited you this morning??? {grins} Truly enjoyed the entire series...and that mayor might have been former Mayor Ford from Toronto...(chuckles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... no, haven't had a bat fly around in my house for quite some time ... screens on the windows ;-) and we've had some Mayors like that ourself .. glad I made you lol ... quite a compliment!

      Delete
  5. It's like a haiku blooper reel -- and I love it!
    Took the kiddo on my evening walk and he was making jokes about the squirrel and his nuts. Had to (gently) remind him to watch his mouth (which is difficult when you're trying not to laugh).
    And -- ugh! -- that WP beep-beep-boop "crappe" is maddening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... I wished I'd been there! Kids are so prompt with their humour ... and hate, I mean really hate the new editor.

      Delete
    2. He's thirteen now ... so the unexpected humor is getting "better" ... but ...
      Sheesh, sometimes parenting is no fun at all! Hard to growl and tell him to *watch it* when really I want to slap him on the back and say, "good one, kid!" o.O

      Delete
    3. LOL ... it is a lovely moment ... full of ambiguity of course, but you might slap him on the back tell him it's a good one but be careful how to express it in company (or something of the sort) keeps one from looking like a stick in the mud and hypocrit to boot ;-)

      Delete
  6. I, for one, hate the new WordPress editor, and have reverted back to the old editor. Beep, beep, boop indeed!

    Arguing Hens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it once, to edit a poem because I'd mispelled a word and published, I had to redo the whole thing (in the proper editor) because it got all strung out ... a real pain!

      Delete
  7. I like the breakfast grope as well LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... thanks.. it's even funnier because I wasn't aware of the "other" meaning :-)

      Delete
  8. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

harmonious words ... like crystal clear water ... pure ectasy

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments."